In Our Faith We Trust
I’ve loved dogs, cats, fish and any other of the typical pet one can have in a city. I remember crying while watching Lassie Come Home and any other movie that portrayed sadness involving a beloved pet. I decided that one day I’d be able to have any pet I wanted, and I would take very good care of it! Little did I know that God would lead me to become an Animal Chaplain.
- Earned a Bachelor’s Degree – Central Michigan University
- Earned a Master’s Degree and Doctor of Ph. D. – Wayne State University
- Taught Special Education for 30 years – all grade levels
- Earned a Degree in Dog Training via Penn State internet classes
- Graduated and Ordained as an Animal Chaplain – Emerson Theological Institute – May, 2012
- Hosted female breeder for 6 years and whelped 5 litters/raised them for 6 weeks
- Presently hosting another Leader Dog breeder and raising her first litter
- Habitat for Humanity – lead 2 builds to Guayabitos, Mexico, one to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and one to Anchorage, Alaska
- Legal Guardian for a mentally impaired man for 3 years
- Help with events at our County Animal Shelter
- Presented with the President’s Volunteer Service Award for volunteering more than 4,000 hours
While there are no charges for Animal Chaplain Service, DONATIONS are always most graciously accepted.
Chaplain Eydie, Thank you for bringing puppies and kids together. You are a treasure! – J. S.